Some thoughts after using my MacBook for a few weeks.
What I like:
- Wake up and shut down work really well when you open/shut the lid. It’s fast and reliable. I’ve always wanted this on a laptop and it’s never really worked on any of my PCs.
- I loaded all my photos into iPhoto and am using the laptop to show slide shows on our TV.
- I’ve had no need to install Windows apps. Everything I need is there (I live 80% in Firefox, so this is no big surprise).
What I don’t like:
- It’s a little heavy and bulky to carry around.
- The bottom definitely gets worryingly hot.
- Quite often, an app can take a long time to boot up (feels like over minute) and the OS is pretty unresponsive during that time. For example when Acrobat starts up to view a PDF file, things kind of grind to a halt for a while.