After a couple of months and 1000 miles running my Landcruiser on biodiesel I have the following to report:
- Feels great to be driving on soybeans!
- Getting gas at SFbiofuels has been easy (very nice people there too)
- The car runs perfectly well and a little more quietly than on petrodiesel
- No more puffs of black smoke when starting the car (it’s puffs of white smoke now)
- The exhaust smell takes a little getting used to (smells like a french fryer, which I guess is still better than regular exhaust)
- 10% lower gas mileage
My next goal is to get my kids’ school to switch their 8 buses over to biodiesel (I’d love to hear from people who have done a similar project).